This delicious stuffed aubergine recipe is a new way to discover Indian flavours! Using our award-winning egg curry sauce, this simple vegetarian dish will impress everyone.
200g cherry tomatoes
1 crushed garlic glove
2cm ginger, finely sliced
1 onion, finely sliced
1 packet Kohinoor Egg Curry Sauce
2 tsp oil
A handful of pine nuts
- Cut all the aubergines into half and make a criss-cross pattern by scoring your knife in diagonals. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180˚C for 10 minutes until the aubergine is soft
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the ginger, garlic, onion, and tomatoes
- When softened, add the egg curry sauce and warm through
- Once the aubergine is soft, scoop out the flesh and add to the egg curry mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the mixture back into the aubergine skins and put into the oven for 5-10 minutes
- Lightly toast the pine nuts for a crunchy texture to serve
Top Tip: If you like your food extra spicy, add some red chilli into the onion and tomato mixture