We’ve combined our favourite winter warmer flavours into one delicious brownie recipe. This recipe also works well with salted caramel for a savoury twist.
Prep time 10mins | Bake time 30mins| Makes 9 brownies
100g dark chocolate
1tbsp instant coffee granules
40g self-raising flour
40g cocoa powder
200g soft brown sugar
1tsp mixed spice
1tsp ground cinnamon
3 large eggs, beaten
4tbsp caramel sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a medium brownie tin.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water. Stir in the coffee and leave to one side to cool slightly.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, spices and eggs. Stir through the slightly cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into the prepared brownie tin.
- Dollop over the caramel and swirl through the chocolate mixture with a skewer.
- Bake for 30min, or until the edges are set but the middle still has a slight wobble. Leave to cool completely in the tin before slicing and serving.