This pumpkin soup is the perfect winter warmer using in-season vegetables and Indian flavours with lot of spices. It’s an ideal dish to cook ahead of time ready for a delicious and easy weekday dinner.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium pumpkin
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic gloves, roughly chopped
1 litre vegetable stock
1 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp nigella seeds
1 tin coconut milk
1 bay leaf
- Prepare the pumpkin by chopping into large chunks and removing all seeds
- Coat the pumpkin in the Garam masala, cumin powder, and cinnamon. Roast in oven at 200 degrees for 45 minutes. Leave to cook until required
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the nigella seeds. When they start to crackles, add the onion and garlic and soften. Add the bay leaf and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the roasted pumpkin, stock and season. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Blend the soup with a hand blender. Add the coconut milk to bring soup to desired consistency.
- Served up with pumpkin seeds and plenty of naan for dipping!