Kohinoor’s Chana Masala is filled with wholesome chickpeas and aromatic Indian spices. Use our Chana Masala as the base to make this hearty vegan chickpea burgers, packed full of flavour!
1 Kohinoor Chana Masala
100g grated sweet potato
100g plain flour
3 spring onions, finely sliced
Handful of coriander, chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pour the Chana Masala in a bowl and using the pack of the fork, mash up the chickpeas but keeping them chunky for texture
- Squeeze any water out of the grated sweet potato and add to the chana masala mixture
- Add the spring onions, coriander, lime juice, and the plain flour until the mixture is thick and able to be shaped.
- Make patties with the mixture and chill for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the patties until beautiful and golden on the outside. Whilst frying all the patties, put the cooked patties in a warm oven.
- Serve with raita, and either in a bun or with salad.
Wholesome chickpeas in a delicious onion and tomato sauce, delicate.y spiced with ginger and turmeric and finished with coriander.