Aloo Matar is a simple recipe that is literally translated to potatoes and peas. This vegan friendly recipe is easy to make and simply delicious with the spicy sauce.
250g boiled potatoes
2 tsp cooking oil
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 packet Kohinoor Adraki Bhuna Sauce
10g coriander, chopped
- Cut the boiled potatoes into 1 inch cubes
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds start to crackle, add the peas and potato cubes
- Saute until the potatoes get a little colour
- Add the Adraki Bhuna sauce and bring to a simmer
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little water
- Serve with chopped coriander
Kohinoor Adraki Bhuna Cooking Sauce
The word Bhuna refers to the process of browning meat that gives this rich and fragrant dish its name. The recipe combines onion, tomatoes, bell pepper and ginger in an aromatic brown sauce.